Sunday, April 08, 2012

April 6, 2012

matthew's physical/check up for the year.
5'5.5", 135lbs, 20/20 vision  =D


brennan was the only one who went to school today =p
when he asked me why (cuz dashiell kept happily announcing that he didn't have school today) i told him, "you're so lucky!  you get to go to school and play and have fun and see ms. brandy!  PLUS you have a party today!"
 so here he is showing me his cubby


 showing me his umbrella (for april showers, i assume)
 his kite
 some pictures of him on the wall
 his favorite plant...with an airplane?!
 they have a wall with alphabet pictures -- he has two of them with him in it.

reading me 'the very hungry caterpillar'




now it's time to EAT!
 he was soo good (better than many others, who just nibble and throw away all the food) -- he had 6 mini corn dogs, 2 watermelon pieces, 3 strawberries, 1 brownie bite, and 1 mini cupcake!


 i bought the swing last night (had to go to the long beach store by the traffic circle to get it though) -- and here it is, all assembled!
for my birthday,  my mu alpha theta officers offered to watch the kids for me and treat derek and i out to dinner on a night of our choosing --- so tonight it is!
i chose 'the thai place', since we were unable to go on my actual birthday (because it was on a monday, and they are closed on mondays).
holy cow!  they gave us a $60 gift certificate!  i was so surprised!  i had even told them that watching the kids would be enough of a gift -- but dinner too?~
i got to order my 3 favorites-- pineapple and shrimp curry, pineapple fried rice, and pad see eew.
YUMMY
 and  mangoes with sticky rice for dessert.  =D
we even headed out to watch 21 jump street afterwards. 
a total date night!

Here are some pictures of what was happening while Derek and I were out..




1 comment:

Lorraine Carlson said...

I have a cassette recording of Derek helping to read the Hungry Catepillar when he was small. I'll have to have it converted sometime. Brennan did pretty well, in spite of all the badgering from a big brother.