Monday, February 15, 2010

February 13, 2010

today was the annual jigsaw puzzle content with the city. ever since they first started it...1999? i was pregnant with matthew, i remember...we've been doing it. i think we missed a year in there though for some reason.
but this gives me and my friend karla (sitting next to me) something to look forward to each year.
ccw: me, karla, wanda, jean, mary, and jenn
all of us, with the exception of jenn, worked at sj together. mary and i left the same year (she went to haskell, but now is with me at chs) and wanda left a few years back and teaches over at csulb. karla and jean are both still there. jenn works with me, of course, but also met karla in her methods class at csulb.

karla and me!
we took 3rd place (again!) and finished in 4hrs 7min 30 sec (give or take a few ;-p)
wanda had to leave early, so she's not in the final picture...
we were able to use plates again this year -- i'd like to think it's because i made a comment about it the night before when they called to verify we were coming and to go over the rules. i thought it was ridiculous to disallow the use of paper plates and force us to all use those darned manila folders. sheesh! the team that finished first was crazy fast. karla and i think that if there were 3 of her and 3 of me on the team, we'd rock! or if it was just a team of 2, we'd win hands down. =D i miss puzzling with her!

No comments: