Sunday, September 29, 2013

09-28-2013

had my last 20miler this morning by the bolsa chica/huntington beach path today.  
i was solo because pascale didn't have time to run that far or long and lily's foot/heel was bothering her. 
so off i went all by myself this morning.
it actually went better than i had expected.  i had only two miles (mile #2 and #3) where i ran over my intended max pace (which was 10:45 min/mile).  just warming up, i guess.  
i did a pretty good job up until the last two miles, which were tough.  but i ran them much better than i felt (which was T.I.R.E.D.)
i kept thinking in my head that if i could just add on another 6 miles for the marathon, i'd be in good shape for finishing under 4:30, which is my goal.  i clocked in at 3:25:55 -- which leaves me with 1:05:05 for 6 miles even.  not 100% sure how those last 6 miles would've felt (tough, i'm sure) but with it being race day, i'd hope that i could muster up some race day adrenaline.  i hope.
the race will start around the same time i started today, so that's a plus.  let's hope it's not too much warmer.



 dashiell checks out the lego mindstorm that derek brought home for him to so.

 'take my picture too, momma!'

 'let's make a silly face together, momma!'

No comments: