Sunday, February 02, 2014

February 2nd, 2014

surf city marathon today!
this was the first time i ran the full.  not sure why i changed my mind, but i don't regret it at all.  the course was great!  weather was nice and cool, but a little windy.  thankfully not as bad as the winds at camarillo.  but it was still enough to make my nose run quite a bit (my arm warmers are pretty gross).
despite being still a little sick, and being sick for the 2 weeks since i ran carlsbad, i ran faster than the last 2 times. 
BUT...i did not feel stronger the last 2 miles.  maybe because i went out a little faster than i did at carlsbad?  maybe because of the wind?  maybe because i wasn't 100%?  not sure.  i was 100% at the other two...
strange.  this was my second best time (4:24 at last year's long beach marathon, where i PR'd).


 afterwards, a couple of my SJ friends came over to puzzle and watch the super bowl in preparation for next saturday's jigsaw puzzle contest!  =D



No comments: