Sunday, November 01, 2015

10-17-15

Matt took this pic for me before he left to spend the day with his dad; I was getting ready to take the boys to Legoland for Brick or Treat tonight  


Well...
After almost being on the road for 90min, I had just gotten done telling the boys we were 5 minutes away from Legoland.  Then cars were stopped leading up to the exit, so of course I stopped too.  Problem is the lady behind me in an Escalade didn't exactly stop in time.
And you know what's weird, i had made a similar stop about a mile or so back and I looked up as well to see the car stop in time.  When I stopped at this one. I thought to myself, "hmm. Not as bad (meaning abrupt) as the other stop." Then she hit me...

I was shaking so badly but managed to pick my phone up off the ground to call 911.  Dash and Bren were behind me and seemed safe and unhurt. 

We ended up sitting on the side of the road by the car while we waited for the police and later the tow truck.  It was a long 2 hours. 





After waiting for the tow truck (which originated in San Diego) I tried calling to get a rental car, but there were none available in Carlsbad.  Derek couldn't come down (actually couldn't even get a hold of him initially) so thankfully Matt and his Dad were able to come down.  We waited for them and they took all of the stuff from my car out to bring back home.  They dropped us off at Legoland and Derek would pick us up in the evening. 

We had to salvage just a little bit of our night! 



















We ended our time there with the Ghost Cruise :) 

No comments: