Thursday, August 14, 2014

July 27th, 2014

we were up early and dressed and ready to go
let's do this!
 found andrew amongst the thousands of other people...
i kind of knew this wasn't going to be a great race...
the weather wasn't as cold as it should've been at the beginning of the race.  i took off my arm warmers by mile 2 or so, which should not have been the case.


 by mile 12 i was SLEEPY
i was hoping i could sleep-run to the finish, but somehow that wasn't going to happen...



 andrew finished about 17min ahead of me, and ran back to find me to help me finish.
such a great kid! i was hurting...well actually hurt isn't the right word.  i was TIRED.  and HOT.  and SLEEPY.


but i finished, with the help of this kid.
after a quick walk back to the hotel room (which was about a mile and a half walk!  egads.) i showered quickly and packed my bags and toted them with me to my massage, which was down the street.  it was like heaven.
met up with pascale and john to grab a quick bite to eat before i headed out to take the bart to the oakland airport this time.  got to the airport with about an hour or so before departure.  whew!  just in time!  didn't realize it would actually take that long to ride the bart and the bart express (a bus to the airport)  i thought i'd be early and would have time to sit and rest, but no such luck.

 but i made it to missoula on time and got to see the boys!
brennan said he missed me and my hair.  O.o



No comments: