Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 10, 2012

i realized that i never took a picture of our bike rack.
it holds 4 bikes.  gives us a little bit of extra room.  
but it looks really messy in this picture  =/


went to see colin, our it director (and my mentor) for our monthly meetings.
talked about this nexus 7 tablet ($199) and want to see if maybe i can make it work in my classroom.  can i see how many kids would purchase on their own?  then maybe he can find the $ to get for those who can't get one.  
then he just handed it to me and said to check it out and see what i can do with it.
uh..ok!
but another tablet for me to mess with!?  aargh!  craziness.
[not getting anywhere though with mathxlforschool.com.  boo.  for now, i hope.]

2 comments:

Justin said...

Woo Nexus 7! (Obligatory Google pride. :))

Tablets in the classroom seems like something that has the potential to be transformative, but so far I haven't seen much use of them that fulfills that promise.

Cindy said...

So do you have any recommendations regarding apps that would be useful for me to try out?
Also...I'l trying to see if I can use it with MathXL.com -- do you know of a way that I can get it to work? It needs flash and a other things, and I can't get it to work. =(