Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 20th, 2014

went to the doc yesterday...starting prednisone today for 6 days.
(the following is from one of my imessages to a friend about it...)

Pinched nerve...Sciatica. I have a 6-day dose of prednisone (a steroid pill) to help with the inflammation.  If not better, call doc to go back for MRI and possible consideration of steroid injection.  
Apparently have lost a particular reflex (you know when they knock your knee or whatever to check reflexes?)--it's the one where they tap the back, by your Achilles heel--for is supposed to move down. Mine left foot doesn't.  (Right foot does) 
What I didn't know is that the reflex thing--was already noted previously.  I didn't know... said it's a typical result of a pinched nerve. Noted back in 2008 I think--so in a way makes me feel better that it's not simply just a result of my running this past year or so--because in 2008 I didn't run all that much...
 took matt to the dentist (after my eye appt) and saw the belly bombz truck outside
 while waiting at the library to renew the boys' passports, they got a word search to do.

No comments: