Tuesday, January 05, 2016

January 2, 2016

divas run at the old mount wilson trail today
we were mostly going to be on the mount wilson toll road. 
i was going to stick with heather, annie and tam today

 such BEAUTIFUL skies!






 at henniger flats, waiting for my friends to go potty




it was a gorgeous hike up.  8 miles up .  3743' elevation gain.
annie and i ran the first two miles down together; i had a tough time catching up to her.  she was going around a 9-9:30 pace.  a bit fast, but not too fast considering it was all downhill.  i made sure to keep up.
after around 2 miles of going down, i passed her.  i expected her to still be right behind me, but she must've slowed down considerably.  i told myself i would push as hard as i could going down.  let's FLY!
if memory serves me right, it was around 2:52 to get to the top.  which then means around 1:25 to get back down.
i never stopped my watch, so a lot of the time included stops for pictures and waiting for tam to catch up with us so we could all stick together!
my 15th mile was 7:50.  WHAT?!  i've never had a split that fast -- even running downhill.
i guess that's why my calves were tired afterwards.  =)

went home and made zongzi with mom. <3 p="">



No comments: